- Tire them out: Do a strenuous activity until approx. 9:00pm. Get all that energy out. Ideas: A hike, outdoor scavenger hunt, outdoor jellybean hunt, jumping on trampoline, moonbounce, swimming, kickball game.
- Limit sugar: Do ice cream and cake BEFORE the activity. Then, after the activity you can limit to colossal strawberries, sugar-free lemonade, popcorn.
- Quiet activities: After the BIG activity, calm things down with more quiet inside games: skits, songs, 20 Questions, Would You Rather.
- Movie: Once everyone is calmed down, and tired, put an appropriate movie (nothing scary) in and make it clear that when the flick is over, it’s lights out!
- Lights out: Close the kitchen except for a water pitcher and paper cups. Make sure all the girls know where you’ll be in case they need you in the middle of the night. Leave on a few lights so the bathroom can easily be located.
- Snooze: Let them sleep in, if they will. It will make the next day better for everyone.
- Breakfast: Feed them a healthy breakfast without a lot of fast sugars. Eggs, toast, juice, as opposed to doughnuts.
Have fun and take lots of pictures. These is a pics of my 10 yr old slumber party.