Well as winter comes to close, so does my Lost In London tour! Below are some highlights from the tour. You can check out the New Jersey portion of my tour here and here.
Country Day School of the Sacred Heart
Country Day School of the Sacred Heart in Bryn Mawr, PA welcomed me with open arms. They’re lucky to have an enthusiastic librarian who is very involved with the local book community! And their campus is absolutely gorg!
Holy Angels School
There was a very large group of students at Holy Angels School, and I was thrilled to find that the teachers were just as involved as the students!
All Saints Catholic School
The last stop on my tour was at All Saints Catholic School in Wilmington, DE. I met a super fun group of teachers and students, including a very impressive 8th grade student council president who introduced me to this lovely crowd.
Here are a few more pics from stops:
Boys and Girls Club of Delaware:
Skype Visit to Ute Meadows School
I was able to sign the wall right by Laurie Halse Anderson!!!
East Side Charter School
In late January, fresh off my New Jersey Tour, I paid a visit to East Side Charter School in Wilmington, DE to spend some time with a wonderful group of fifth grade girls.
Stops on the Lost In London Tour
- Saint Mary Magdalen School (Wilmington, DE)
- Boys and Girls Club of DE (Wilmington, DE) – Book donation and reading
- Ursuline Academy (Wilmington, DE) –
- A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children – Book donation and reading
- St. Ann’s School (Wilmington, DE)
- Ronald McDonald House (Wilmington, DE) – Book donation
- Hockessin Bookshelf (Hockessin, DE)
- Agnes Irwin School (Bryn Mawr, PA)
- Skype visit – Ute Meadow School (Littleton, CO)
- Skype visit – London party in Connecticut
- Saint Mary Magdalen School (Wilmington, DE) – Winter writing workshop
- Folsom Senior Center – Holiday reading
- Rambunctious Readers Book Club meeting – Read more about this visit here
- Brookside Elementary School (Westwood, NJ) – School visit and all day workshops
- Hackensack University Medical Center – Book donation – Read more about this visit here
- Brookside School (Allendale, NJ) – Read more about this visit here
- Berkeley Elementary School (Westwood, NJ) – Read more about this visit here
- Heights Elementary School (Oakland, NJ) – Read more about this visit here
- Eastside Charter School (Wilmington, DE)
- Country Day School of the Sacred Heart (Bryn Mawr, PA)
- Holy Angels School (Wilmington, DE)
- All Saints School (Wilmington, DE)
- Girls Inc (Wilmington, DE) – Book donation
Through these visits nearly 300 books have been donated through my program Give One For the Books. Check out my overview of the donations made here.
Attention Teachers/Librarians/Administrators: I’ll soon be signing up schools, book clubs, libraries and book stores for my Fall 2014-2015 LUCKY ME tour! Email me for more information.
For the news articles resulting from my journey, click here.
Leave A Comment