- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 can or jar raspberry or strawberry pie filling
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 box butter-flavored cake mix
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c premade vanilla pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 c buttermilk
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can butter or cream cheese frosting
- Blend melted butter, softened cream cheese, buttermilk, eggs, pudding, vanilla, and food coloring with a hand mixer. Add cake mix and cocoa powder. Blend thoroughly until the batter is a rich red. Add additional food coloring if necessary. Divide evenly into two greased cake pans. Bake at 350-degrees until cooked through. (Time will depend on your pan; approx. 20 minutes for a 9-inch baking pan.)
- Let cakes cool, then remove from pans.
- Spread pie filling on top of one cake, then place the second cake on top of the filling.
- Cover entire cake with frosting.