- 2 (15-ounce) containers, chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can concentrated crushed tomatoes
- 1 c half and half
- dashes of salt and pepper
- Combine broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When soup bubbles, stir in cream and reduce heat to low.
- Season with dashes of salt and pepper and simmer for about 15 minutes, stir it continually.
- Puree soup in a blender – might want to hold blender with an oven mitt.
- This is so good if you top with melted cheese: Provolone, Asiago, cheddar, Gruyere, Swiss, etc.; and serve with crusty bread.